Jayaswal Neco Industries Limited is producing Pig Iron, Sponge iron, alloy steel and other allied product in its integrated steel plant at Siltara Raipur, Chhattisgarh State. In view of raw material requirement of its integrated steel plant, the Mines Division has been created. The objective of creation of this division is for focusing self-sufficiency of raw material inputs required for plant and to reduce the dependency on third party thereby resulting in cost and time saving. The following leases have been sanctioned in favour of the company :
- Metabodeli Iron Ore Mines, District- Kanker, Chhattisgarh with an approved production capacity of about 10 Lakh tons per annum. This mine is operational and producing iron ore at its rated capacity.
- Chhote Dongar Iron Ore Mine, District-Narayanpur, Chhattisgarh State with an approved production capacity of about 29.5 Lakh tons per annum. Environment Clearance for enhanced capacity is under consideration with Ministry of Environment , Forest and Climate Change, Government of India. Approach road making is under process and production is likely to be started in due course.
- Laindongri Iron Ore Mines District Kanker, Chhattisgarh with an approved production capacity of about 1.8 Lakh tons per annum.
- Dhobitola Ti Iron Ore Mine, District Gondia, Maharashtra with an approved production capacity of about 7500 tons per annum. This mines is operational and producing iron ore at its rated capacity.
- Manpur Lime stone Mine in Kabirdham district with an approved production capacity of of about 78000 tons per annum.
Also the various areas which are under consideration with State/Central Govt is as under :
- Sonadehi Iron Ore Mine, District-Kanker, Chhattisgarh over an area of 250 Hects wherein Prospecting Licence granted for two years. The Mining Lease is under consideration with State Government.
- Devpura Iron ore Mine, District Rajnandgaon, Chhattisgarrh over an area of 76 Ha wherein Prospecting License has been granted by State Government and Mining Lease is under consideration with State/Central Government.
The minerals are non-renewable and limited natural resources which are used as raw material for various important industries. The extraction of mineral from nature often creates imbalance which adversely affect the environment. The key environmental impact due to mining affect social as well as environment , depletion of forest and destruction of ecology in the vicinity of project site. Therefore the central and state government, for proper utilization of mineral, has taken effective step for overall development of this sector which should be environmental sustainable. In this context each mine owner has to formulate sustainable development unit and information on Sustainable Development Framework (SDF) and related report shall be made available at their website.
M/s JNIL (MD) is committed to achieve customer satisfaction on an on-going basis by producing and supplying Iron Ore and Lime stone of specified grade for their Steel & foundry Industries on time, in an Eco-Friendly manner and by maintaining highest possible standard of Health & Safety in all its operation as per International Management system (IMS standard).
Also Mining Division has not only achieved its targeted production and productivity but also developed innovative approach for Environment protection as well as health and safety practices in operational mining units.
Accordingly a formal Management System has been developed and certified to Quality Management System (ISO 9001), Environment Management System(ISO 14001) and Occupational Health & Safety Management System(OHSAS 45001) through third party certification agency M/s Bureau Veritas Certification India Pvt Ltd . Kolkata.
Integrated Management System Policy
M/s Jayaswal Neco Industries Ltd. –Mines Division is in the business of mining Iron Ore and Lime Stone.
We are committed to
• inculcate a safety culture where safety is manifested in each employee’s mind, thought and action through participative communication– our aim is zero accident ultimately
• satisfy our plant needs of quality and quantity of input products to maintain our overall competitiveness in the market
• Ensure statutory and regulatory compliance pertaining to environment and occupational health & safety.
• Efficient and effective utilization of natural resources, reduce hazardous impact on environment and minimize waste generation to protect environment and prevent pollution.
• continual improvement of integrated management system
• We communicate this policy to all interested parties through displays, on website, or provide when requested.
Jayaswal Neco Industries Limited (Mines Division )
Dhobitola Iron Ore Mine (2.61 Ha) , Tahsil Amgaon, Distt. Gondia (MS)
o Environment Clearance
o Environmental Monitoring and Analysis report
o Sustainability Report of Metal Mines Division for the year 2018-19
o Environment Statement for the year ended 31st March 2020
o Status of Compliance of EC Conditions